When I’m sitting on my porch in my granny rocker reminiscing about all the wonderful homes we have liquidated over the years, this one will be the one I remember most fondly.
This three-story home, nestled in the pines with a view of the city below, was home to two antique dealers for many years. They probably retired just about the time I began my adventure into the world of selling and buying antiques in 1978. As we all do in this business, they saved what they loved the most, often the rarest of items. She passed years ago, and he joined her early this year. We know she had a happy life, because she loved children and animals. Her collections included dolls and toys, and all things Halloween, Christmas, and Easter. It’s all here.
- Furnishings & Lighting: Mirrors, Clocks, Magazine Racks, Wall Shelves, Wall Cabinets, Oil Lamps, converted Oil Lamps, numerous lamp and lighting parts including old shades, Area Rugs, Trunks, Blanket Chests, more!
- Art: Originals in oil and watercolor, prints, lithographs,
- Furniture: Mostly Victorian and Empire, some turn-of-the-20th Century pieces. Tables, Sets of Chairs, Chests of Drawers, Bedside Cabinets and Stands, a Bin Table from 1850, Wicker Table & Chair, Sofa and Chairs, Rockers, a Highchair with Tray, plant stand, Brass & Iron Beds including an White Iron Crib, Treadle Sewing Machine, Footstools, . A modern and like-new sofa and matching chair in black leatherette.
- Textiles: Various tablecloths, a piano scarf with foot-long fringe, A crazy quilt throw.
- Dolls & related: Vintage and collectible dolls, doll clothes, doll Halloween costumes, doll furniture and accessories, Doll buggies, doll wagons, etc.
- Toys: Jack-in-the-box, miniature antique cars and trucks, a top, a cat on wheels and other pull toys, numerous stuffed Bears and other Animals, Games.
- Dining: a large, beautiful set of Haviland Limoges with tiny pink roses. Numerous Blue Willow place & serving pieces from every china company of the era, priced separately. A set of Pfaltzgraff China with tiny berries on a white ground. Sets of silver plated flatware. A large collection of Teapots, various Platters and other serving pieces, numerous pairs of Candleholders in various materials, Linens.
- Collections: Advertising Tins, antique Bottles, Books, Records, Bird Houses, Figurines, Stuffed Animals, Cameras, old suitcases,
- Halloween: Numerous witches, Skeletons, Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkins, Spiders, Masks, Ghosts, Lacy spider web tablecloth, Some antique, some vintage.
- Christmas: Santas, Carolers, Toy Soldiers, Angels, thousands of Tree Ornaments, trees, signs, prints.
- Easter: Bunnies, Chickens, Eggs, Baskets, Crosses.
- Garage & Yard: Hand Tools, Power Tools, Table Tools, Parts Cabinets, floor standing Tool Chests, portable Tool Chests, an cast iron Parlor Stove, furniture in need of repair, Cement Deer, Pots.