La Canada Flintridge Old 40’s Mansion Estate Sale!
Tues. & Wed. July 20 & 21
9am – 4pm
By Appointment Only – Text or call for the address & time-slot!
Don’t get up at 5am to be first! Make an appointment and walk in when you arrive. Although Los Angeles Country has officially relaxed most Covid-18 restrictions, we ask that you wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated. Street parking is plentiful.
Built to the buyer’s specifications in the late 40’s, this large two-story home on an acre of land has a living room that was designed around a 22” Persian rug that remains to this day. The home has remained in the same family until now. When the matriarch passed, one of her two daughters moved in to handle matters since the other sister lived out of state. She was apparently an e-Bay seller, as there is no other explanation for the multiples of things present.
After the death of the sister who occupied the home, the remaining heir decided it was time to say goodbye. The house is sold and the escrow closes next week, so everything must go!
A walk-in Berman Kiln, drying rack, work table
· Original Art - Listed artists, lithography, early prints, fashion ads, crate labels.
· Furnishings - Numerous lamps, lighting, mirrors, clocks, wall shelves and the rugs. Nic nacs, figurines, pottery vases, a large
collection of elegant glassware and crystal.
· Clothing – Women’s and Children. Some new with labels from Sport Chalet. Vintage clothing, scarves, shoes, bags, hats.
· Furniture – A beautiful American hall seat, 1900. bedroom sets, two great sofas, numerous occasional tables, coffee tables,
library tables, easy chairs, a rolltop desk, bookcases, other desks, swivel chairs, a lovely 40’s dining table & 8 chairs,
a china cabinet and buffet, a really great 1950’s metal office desk. More furniture & furnishings in the garage!
· Entertaining – Several sets of china, still wrapped in 1960s newspaper and still in their shipping barrel, stemware, flatware,
serving pieces, many silver-plated.
· Electronics - Several flat screen TV’s, a DVR player, a few records.
· Books – c.1830 to 2000. Games
· Sewing – A Singer portable and notions.
· Tools – Yard tools, hand tools, some electric. Garage.
· Small Appliances – Garage and kitchen.
· Christmas and other seasonal décor
· Yard – A fountain, wood picnic table, Weber BBQ, plant stands, statuary, potted plants
Incomplete Directions – North on La Canada Blvd. (See's Candy and Memorial Park).