Two-Day La Crescenta Estate Sale !
Sat., Jan. 8 & Sun., Jan 9 - - 9 AM to 4PM both days
By Appointment Only! - Text Diane at 818-517-1119 for a time-slot & the address
(You can call if you don’t text, but the phone gets very busy)
Thanks to millions of vaccinations, California’s economy is open. There are NO country tiers, capacity limits, or physical distancing requirements. But Covid-19 has not gone away. To safely go about our daily lives, we need to keep taking the steps we know prevent the spread. Pursuant to that goal, we continue to prevent crowds by spreading our customers out over the day and ask that you wear your masks.
This home was a happy home, beginning with a love story from the ages. Sylvia was Chinese and grew up in Hong Kong. She moved to the U.S. to attend Immaculate Heart College in Hollywood. She met Shige during summer school at Chaffee Junior College in Claremont, and they fell in love. He then served a tour of duty in the Air Force during the Korean War. When he returned, they married and settled in La Crescenta. He worked for many years as the Controller/CFO of Bob’s Big Boy Restaurants. He retired in his mid-50’s to play the slots in Vegas and cruise the world with Sylvia. Besides raising two children, she taught Home Economics at Crescenta Valley High School for 38 years until she retired. Concurrently and after her retirement, she taught “Stretch & Sew” to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of women from her home. (When stretch fabrics first hit the U.S. mainstream market in the mid-80’s, women were baffled by the problems they were having with fabric that stretched and thread that didn’t).
· Art – Decorative, some Asian.
· Bar – Stemware, shakers, decanters, bar tools.
· Clothes – Mostly Women’s. Numerous sweaters, casual tops, evening wear, all in various sizes. Many wraps, shawls and outerwear. Kimonos Numerous pieces of clothing that she made in the Asian style. Shoes, Bags, belts, hats, scarves, etc. A few men’s things. Shirts, sneakers, size L.
· Convalescence – A hospital bed, IV holders, stand-up cane.
· Costume Jewelry – Some.
· Entertaining –Lots of serving pieces of all kinds. Dinnerware, flatware, sets of steak knives, tumblers, a wood carved salad set with bowls, servers, and side dishes. Linens, napkins, placemats.
· Electronics - Receivers, speakers and other components, TV’s (one large), VCR’s, cameras, flip phones, land line phone system, electric curling irons, hair driers, a tower heater, alarm clocks, portable typewriter in case, miscellaneous small items.
· Furniture – A really beautiful Chinese Dining Table & 8 Chairs manufactured in Hong Kong. It comes with a large, second top that has a lazy Susan center. It comes with two servers of very fine quality, also from Hong Kong but we have them priced separately. A heavily carved Chinese blanket chest, a lovely set of Asian nesting tables, a large, round heavily carved short dining table with matching seats under the top, modern pair of easy chairs with Asian fabric, end tables, square tables, a recliner, a very long modern white sofa, bedroom furniture including a modern chest of drawers and dresser with mirror, a twin bed, modular desk unit, bookcases, folding chairs, a white round Formica kitchen table, a blond modern utility table with one shelf, a secretarial swivel chair, .
· Furnishings – Lamps, beautiful porcelain Chinese blue & white porcelain covered bowls, vases, & Pots. Mirrors, clocks, wall shelf units
· Garage – Refrigerator (a left open, white top freezer, two-door), (there is another one in the kitchen) vintage file cabinets, tools, fishing rods, Craftsman gas mower, paint, chemicals, one vintage ironing board metal legs, another modern ironing board, metal ladder, wood ladder, unsorted stamp collection, step stool, typical garage items.
· Kitchen – Kitchen Aid Mixer, hand mixers, coffeemakers, crock pots, microwaves, Farberware electric oven, waffle maker, warmers, irons, various electric small appliances, electronic meat grinder, numerous pots and pans, cookbooks, lots of corning ware bakers, Tupperware,
· Linens – Sheets, pillowcases, blankets, comforters, pillows, mattress pads, suitcases.
· Patio – Redwood outdoor furniture in great condition: Lounge, armchair, double arm chair with center table, round side table, long eating table with matching benches, BBQ.
· Sewing – Over l50 bolts of fabric for $12 each, several sewing machines (one Bernina), spools of ribbon, cut yardage, 100’s of mint condition vintage patterns, all kinds of sewing notions, yarn.
· Sporting Goods –, fishing rods and accessories
· Toys & Games – Doll House with furniture & people, dolls, doll clothes, plush animals, toys, numerous board games, kid’s books.