La Canada Flintridge One-Day, By-Appointment-Only Estate Sale!
Sat., July 2, 9am – 4pm
Text Diane for the address & a time slot: 818-517-1119 (If you don’t text, you can call)
Don’t stand in line for hours! And no need to arrive early! Text or call for a time-slot and the address and walk right in at your designated time!
The owner of this home passed away at the remarkable age of 105 years. She and her husband bought the home in 1960 and raised their children here. Displaced from her home country of Latvia during WWII, she studied Dentistry at Gottingen University and received a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. After the war, she met her future husband and they immigrated to the USA. They finally settled in La Canada. They came to this country with almost nothing, and every piece of furniture, art, and household goods reflects their taste, accomplishments, and world travels. After her husband died, she lived here for another 25 years.
This is a beautiful, mid-century home high in hills of La Canada. Furnished with Danish Modern and Mid-century walnut furniture, there are numerous large potted succulents, appliances, and more.
· Appliances – Late model Kenmore refrigerator, top freezer, white, left open. A full-size freezer, an almost new washer by G.E. A second, older refrigerator in the garage. Almost new Washer. For the handy person, we have a stackable with a washer that needs repair. An electric oven, a microwave, coffee maker, a food processor, carpet shampooer.
· Art – Lots of nice, decorative art.
· Bar – Stemware, shakers, decanters, bar tools.
· Books, frames, nice wood TV trays.
· Christmas Décor – Lots of adorable things.
· Clothes Women’s: Dresses, blouses, sweaters, casual tops, suits, evening wear, slacks, bags, shoes, scarves, and outerwear. M.
· Electronics – four flat screen TV’s, boom boxes, portable radios some with media decks, Movie projector, slide projector, Bissell carpet shampooer,
· Entertaining – Three sets of dinnerware, one KPM. Lots of serving pieces of all kinds., dinnerware, flatware, tumblers, servers, lots of pottery. Tablecloths, napkins, placemats.
· Furniture – Numerous pieces of Mid-century Modern and Danish Modern furniture. A Dining Table & six Chairs, A beautiful mid-century China Buffet, a round pedestal modern breakfast table, bedroom furniture including a signed dresser, a Q bed with headboard with cantilevered nightstands, a flat desk. Two sofas (one leather), two pairs of upholstered chairs, several single upholstered chairs one with an ottoman, end tables, square tables, 6 or 8 bookcases, tall short, wide, narrow! metal 4-high file cabinet, executive office chair, there is a lounge chair from Relax the Back Store, cost $800, black leather, like new, for $295.
· Furnishings – Lamps, floor and table type, rugs, mirrors, clocks, decorative art.
· Garage – Overflow kitchen and entertaining items, lots of silver-plated hollowware, garden tools, general household tools, Refrigerator (white, top freezer, two-door), Craftsman Lawn Mower, tools (some electric), two 6’ ladders and one extension ladder,
· Kitchen –coffeemaker, microwave, electric over, food processor, pots and pans.
· Linens – Sheets, pillowcases, mattress topper, blankets, comforters, pillows, pads.
· Music – A vintage upright piano in a beautiful cabinet. A turn table, a receiver, a tape deck.
· Toys & Games – 3 Dolls, clothes, board games.
· Yard - Numerous potted plants including succulents, many large. Well-priced!
Don’t be forced to dodge the running people! Come to where the number of people present at a given time is really controlled.